The Pacific Northwest Inter-Campus Organizing Collective (PICOC) is a collective of workers from institutions of higher education in the Pacific Northwest—non-tenure and tenure line faculty, staff, and students—dedicated to resisting the neoliberal takeover (corporatization) of higher education and transforming academia by promoting and supporting the development of a more equitable and sustainable vision of higher education as a common good. Learn more…
Please take a look at some recent updates—and get in touch if you would like to contribute a blog post or recommend a topic you would like us to address.
The Next System and the Academy: Systemic Crises, Movements, and Change in the 2020s
Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM
More information: https://cssr.gmu.edu/events/12009
Post-Capitalism Conference: All session videos available on the event site (once logged in)
Date(s): Thursday, April 22 – Sunday, April 25
Cost: Free (donations welcome)
The conference is envisioned as a virtual space for grassroots organizations, community activists, educators, students, and others committed to social and environmental justice to come together to exchange experiences/information, strengthen alliances and networks, and devise strategies to create an explicitly post-capitalist society using the “Solidarity Economy” framework.
More information: https://cooperationhumboldt.com/post-capitalism-conference/
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/458596411929562
- Video: Higher Ed Labor Summit: Legislative and Media Briefing – July 2021Higher Ed Labor Summit: Legislative and Media Briefing – Jul 12, 2021 – Freedom School – Rutgers AAUP-AFT (24:09) The following is from the YouTube page: Leaders, […]
- Event: April 21 – The Next System and the AcademyEvent: The Next System and the Academy: Systemic Crises, Movements, and Change in the 2020sDate: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 5:00 PM to 7:30 PMCost: Free More information: […]
- Event: April 22-25 – Post-Capitalism ConferencePost-Capitalism ConferenceDate(s): Thursday, April 22 – Sunday, April 25, 2021Cost: Free (donations welcome) The conference is envisioned as a virtual space for grassroots organizations, community activists, educators, […]
- Videos from “Organizing to Confront Academic Disaster Capitalism in the Age of Pandemics” (November 13, 2020)A free, online, interactive organizing summit to begin building power across the Pacific Northwest to radically re-envision higher education as equitable, sustainable, affordable, and accessible to all. […]
- [Video] Organizing to Confront Academic Disaster Capitalism in the Age of PandemicsVideo from PICOC’s November 13, 2020 organizing summit: Keynote by Jose Padin, Ph.D., From Puerto Rico, José is an Associate Professor of Sociology at Portland State University […]